trees blaze in flame of impossible colors
and she dances in the alleys of redolent lilacs

fetch me a little love, she said
from where? I asked
from thin air, she said

so, I catch a butterfly;
I count the colors; it has every color
an wing can carry

II.

pencils of drunken moon
vertical and fenestrated through and through
a grunting noise
a raindrop seeps through the window pane
blighted moonlight
drink was the moon

alone
she walked into the whispering shadows
of unkempt mangrove

III.

jasmines and hibiscuses are in full bloom
bougainvillea screams its intense colors
dream weaves its slender threads
dream dives deeper into other dreams
horizon blurred; time torn
and

space collapsed

IV.

wisdom has no loves, says the celibate priest
then he weeps and says to the priestess:
o' priestess, tear my robe and listen to my heart's affliction.

my head is wise, but my heart is not;
thus said, he placed his heart on a lovely posy,

and offered the priestess
his last homily

V.

eggs, avocado, few slices of full-grain bread
and a cup of evening tea;
a sitar
a harmonium
and a book laying on red carpet;
gently she picked up the book;
her voice wet and broken,
she read,

'run softy, softly, horses of midnight' 

Comments